Learning Goals and Outline:
The Adrenal Glands:
They are tiny glands above the kidneys that produce adrenaline and other hormones. Over-production or long-term production of adrenaline can have negative effects on your body.
Functions the adrenal glands directly affect.
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Sugar
- Hormone Balance
- Menstrual Cycle
- Immune System
- Mineral Balance
Lack of minerals can cause:
- Difficulty sleeping – inability to turn off racing thoughts
- Muscle cramps
- Your muscles and body to become dehydrated, leading to frequent urination, dry eyes, mouth and skin and constant thirst
- Poor ability to deal with stress
- Nose bleeds
- A craving for salty foods
Suggested support for lack of minerals is HealthScan Solutions Trace Minerals.
Overuse of adrenals create an accumulation of cortisol.
- Causes inflammation
- Stores up more fats rather than burning or removing from body
Adrenals are a backup for many other systems so when the adrenals get run down many other systems suffer.
Common causes of weak adrenal glands:
- Excessive caffeine
- Energy drinks (these increase adrenal activity, therefore increasing energy, but rapidly wear down the adrenal glands affecting many other systems)
- Excessive exercise
- Lack of sleep
- Long term stress, physical or emotional
Supporting the Adrenal Glands:
- Sleep and rest help the adrenal glands
- Avoid excessive exercise
- Hydration with clean, filtered water.
- Avoiding highly caffeinated and alcoholic beverages
- Using HealthScan Solutions Adrenal supplements
The FREE HealthScan Video Series:
- Part 1: Introduction to Natural and Holistic Healthcare
- Part 2: Introduction to Muscle Testing
- Part 3: The General Screen
- Part 4: Allergies, Chemicals, and the Liver
- Part 5: Celiac Disease and The General Screen
- Part 6: Basics of the Liver
- Part 7: Basics of the Thyroid System
- Part 8: Basics of the Adrenal System
- Part 9: Natural Health and Antibiotics
- Part 10: Understanding Supplements